The Scale ModelWorld 2011 Show is a big event in the IPMS (International Plastic Modellers Society) diary, and is thought to be the world’s largest model show, in both size and visitor numbers. It attracts thousands of people from all over the globe, and is on today and tomorrow, November 12-13.
SMN’s own Mat Irvine will be there, and there are many other highlights if you can make it, such as:
* Giant display of racing and sports car models, provided by the automotive modelling group, Les Garagistes.
* Display of vehicles including a James Bond 'baddie' Jaguar from Die another Day and a replica of the XK8 Shaguar from The Spy Who Shagged Me.
* Over 135 traders and manufacturers from across the world, including Europe, Japan, Russia, UK, and the USA.
* More than 150 club displays in three large halls.
* ‘Meet the Maker’ with guest star Kunihiro Suzuki, President and founder of the Japanese model manufacturer Fine Molds.
* Airfix 'Make and Take' for younger modellers.
* Overseas area, featuring traders and clubs from all over the planet.
* Specialist bookshops, publishers, and modelling magazines.
The pictures, courtesy Tony Horton, are of various entries in last year’s 2010 IPMS Scale ModelWorld - and there are even more on show this weekend.
Visit IPMS Scale ModelWorld 2011 here.