Thursday, January 28, 2010
GREAT OFFERS FOR HORNBY CLUB MEMBERS IN 2010
Own-brand clubs are a powerful marketing tool that can cement brand loyalty among users like few other things. But let’s not be too cynical here - virtually all such clubs go out of their way to offer value to their members, and the Hornby Club is no exception. For 00-gauge rail fans it’s almost a no-brainer, as Hornby offers a number of useful items, such as:
* A welcome pack, including membership card, stockist list and service dealer list.
* The Collector - a bi-monthly enthusiasts magazine, and the Collector Plus twice a year.
* Exclusive competitions in every issue
* 10% Discount from selected Hornby stockists, as well as Hornby.com
* Fully-working Hornby locomotive, exclusive to club members (while stocks last)
All of which is a pretty good deal. The free loco is a 0-4-0 saddle tank, while there is also a good discount offered on a Limited Edition 4-4-0 Class T9 LSWR locomotive, an express passenger design by Dugald Drummond, introduced in 1899. Sixty-six of them were built over a three-year period, and Hornby's video shows the attractive lines of the T9 in closeup. The 00 gauge model looks pretty good, especially if you look at the care taken with the detail in the open cab.
The pictures show, top to bottom:
1 Saddle tank 0-4-0, supplied with membership.
2 T9 4-4-0, available at discount to members.
Visit the Hornby Club here.
Other Hornby rail equipment is available here.