Tamiya is on something of a roll these days, with 1:32 scale aircraft leading the charge. A unique feature introduced not so long ago was a set of ultra-thin engine cowling components, with tiny magnets supplied to allow them to be attached or detached at will.
* Cowlings: Attached by magnet, can be detached for engine display.
* Guns: Six 12.7mm machine guns complete with ammo belts.
* F-6D: Fuselage camera port, K-24 camera, loop antenna included.
* Radiator flap: Moveable open or closed.
* Propeller: Aeroproducts and Hamilton Standard props supplied.
* Cockpit: Interior includes the F-6D intervalometer.
* Stand: Enables in-flight display with lowered landing gear.
* Superdetail: Photo-etch parts for seat harnesses and oil cooler.
* Handy helper: Masking sticker sheet assists in painting canopy details.
You might think I am a fan of this kit, and you’d be right - this P-51 is excellent, and topped off for me by the inclusion of a pair of decently sculpted pilot figures: one sitting, one standing. Well done Tamiya, especially as the kit outpoints the Dragon 1:32 scale offering just about everywhere.
TAMIYA P-51D/K/F-6D SCALE STATS
Assembled length: 308mm (12.2in)
Assembled wingspan: 354mm (13.9in)
Manufacturer’s reference: 60323
The kit is available here.